Best Babies Names Tips
1. If you're stuck, go for classic babies names that have stood the test of time, for example, Elizabeth. You can't go wrong with these.
2. Don't wait until the last minute to name your baby. You really don't need that kind of pressure when you're in labor.
4. Speak new baby names out loud plenty of times before you make your final decision. What seems like a good idea today could be working on your nerves by the end of the week.
5. Be proud of the name you select for your baby. Think a couple of years down the line - will you be embarrassed to yell your toddler's exotic baby name across the fun park when you see him heading for trouble?
Points to Remember:
7. Think about common shortened forms of the names you are considering. Many top baby names have well accepted shortened forms such as Sam for Samantha and Mike for Michael. Make sure you are comfortable with them. You won't be able to stop people from using them no matter how hard you try - believe me, I've tried!
8. Make sure the name you choose will work well with your surname. My hubby always quotes the classic mistake of Neil and Eider Down. You know schoolyard kids can be mean - spare your child the pain. Watch out for weird baby name initial combinations too. P.L.O. would be politically incorrect and S.O.S would be asking for trouble.
If you really want an unusual baby name, try to choose one that can be shortened to something familiar for the sake of your child's sanity when she's out with her friends. For example, Tamarinda can be shortened to Tammy.
9. If you choose an unusual baby name, realize that people will have trouble remembering it. And don't forget that schoolyard - kids DO NOT like to be different, despite our best efforts to make them so.
10. Be careful of double gender names, weird spellings and difficult pronunciations. Again - think schoolyard - it's a jungle out there.
And finally, relax. The best baby name will come to you sooner or later - maybe when you least expect it. Keep a little pocket baby name dictionary in your handbag and by your bed. You never know when you may need to look up baby name meanings - seize the moment!
Tips For Finding The Best Babies Names | Top 100 Baby Girl Names | Top 100 Baby Boy Names | Origins and Meanings - Top 100 Baby Girls Names | Origins and Meanings - Top 100 Baby Boy Names | Top 10 Baby Names For Girls 1900 To Present | Top 10 Baby Names For Boys 1900 To Present | Baby Name Book Store
If you can't find what you're looking for, search here:
Don't have time to browse all the pages on this site?
Take a look at our e-book package. Baby nursery decorating information from this site conveniently condensed into an easy to read, printable format ready for instant download.