Belly Cast Decoration and Display
Whether you want to add your cast to your nursery wall decor as an intimate reminder of your special nine months together, or display it as a work of art somewhere else in your home, you are sure to find the perfect idea here.
Here are some do it yourself belly casting instructions if you need them. Otherwise keep reading for plenty of decorating inspiration.
- Sports nursery themes - paint your cast to resemble a soccer ball, base ball, golf ball etc.
- Beach baby room themes - turn your belly into a beach ball or paint it to look like a crab - attach two big googly eyes on springs to the top.
- Winnie the Pooh baby nurseries - a fat, round honey pot!
- Sky Themes - your belly could be the sun, moon or a planet.
- Garden Nursery Themes - use paints to make your belly cast into a ladybug, a bumble bee, or the head of a daisy.
- Ballet Baby Rooms - paint it pink and add tutu fabric round the base. Hang a small pair of ballet slippers from the middle.
Don't forget...You can always attach or hang small things on your belly casting. Think about small soft toys, fabrics, shells etc.
Add beauty and drama to your cast by draping or accentuating it with fabric. Here are a few ideas:
- Tie fabric across the breasts to create a bikini effect.
- Drape a scarf around the neck and over the breasts and shoulders.
- Create a colorful bow from different ribbons and hang it between the breasts.
- Tie a silk scarf around the neck of the cast and let it hang down the front.
- You can even drape a sheer fabric across the whole belly casting to give it a color to match your baby nursery wall decor or bedroom colors.
Add a fun and bright focal point to your modern nursery decor by painting your cast with contemporary colors and geometric designs or mount it on a backboard with a funky design..
Or why not just leave it plain. Use some rich, textured fabrics in your display and let your belly casting masterpiece speak for itself...
Displaying Your Belly Cast
How you display your cast is almost as important to the end result as how you decorate it.
Think about the overall impression you are trying to create - sophisticated, intimate, celebratory, fun...
Then choose from one of these ideas or come up with something uniquely you!
- Hang using brackets.
- Hang using ribbons.
- Attach it to a background board.
- Put it on a stand.
- Frame it.
- Place it free standing on a table.
And don't forget to think about where to display it. The baby nursery is a popular option, but there are many other places in the home where it could take pride of place...
Your Belly Casts
Don't forget to come back and share the finished product with us - we would love to see all those beautiful baby bellies...
And we'll give you a FREE copy of our nursery safety checklist - Protect Your Baby in the Nursery as a token of our thanks.
Other Moms Bellies...
Click below to see belly casts shared by other moms...
If you're having trouble getting started with your baby room, don't miss my FREE Step by Step Nursery Design eCourse. One at a time I'll take you through all the decisions you need to make in order to arrive at the best baby room design for you.
Nursery Wall Letters | Decorating a Baby Nursery with Alphabet Cards | Do It Yourself Belly Casting | Decorating and Displaying Your Belly Cast | Nursery Clocks
Take a look at our e-book package. Baby nursery decorating information from this site conveniently condensed into an easy to read, printable format ready for instant download.
Don't Forget Your Kit!
Belly Casting Kit